Do I Qualify for Cash Assistance?

You may screen for eligibility at www.arizonaselfhelp.orgExternal Link Icon.

The following individuals may be eligible for Cash Assistance:

  • Dependent children under age 19.  A child who is 18 must be a full-time high school or vocational school student who is expected to graduate before turning 19.  
  • Parents with dependent children who are in their care.
  • Specified relatives (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.) with dependent children under age 19 who are in their care (Kinship Care).  
  • Parents of a child who receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI).  
  • Individuals in the Kinship Foster Care Program. Participants in this program are referred by the Department of Child Safety, which shares information with the Family Assistance Administration (FAA) to expedite an eligibility determination.  

Eligibility factors include:

  • Must be a resident of the state of Arizona.  
  • Must be a U.S. Citizen or Qualified Noncitizen.  
  • Must complete and sign a Personal Responsibility Agreement that specifies compliance with the Jobs Program and the Division of Child Support Enforcement (DCSE), as well as immunizing children and making sure they attend school.
  • Must meet income eligibility.
  • The head-of-household or their spouse may receive no more than 24 months of cash benefits paid in the Arizona CA program, for themselves or on behalf of a child, except in cases of hardship.

If you are unsure whether you qualify, you should still apply.  Additional eligibility details are found in the Family Assistance Administration (FAA) policy manual.

After applying for benefits, you are required to have an eligibility interview (also called a fact-finding interview).

Large textLarge Font Small textSmall Font   PrintPrint EmailEmail  Average3out of 5
LEP Flags