Applying For Child Support Services 

The Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) provides services to any parent or person with a child who needs help with:   

  •  Locating the noncustodial parent (Locate) for the purpose of:
  •  Establishing legal parentage for children (Paternity)
  •  Establishing a child support order (Establishment)
  •  Enforcing the support order & collecting child support payments (Enforcement)

Persons currently receiving assistance under the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program (which replaced the Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) program) or federally-assisted Foster Care or Medical Assistance Only programs automatically receive child support services. Persons not receiving any state or federal assistance will need to complete an application requesting child support services.

DCSS must, in accordance with federal and state laws, attempt to protect from disclosure personally identifiable information concerning applicants or recipients of child support services.

To apply for Title IV-D Child Support Services, you can  download an application or request one, either in writing or by contacting DCSS’s Interactive Voice Response Telephone System (IVR) at 602-252-4045 (Maricopa County) or 1-800-882-4151 (statewide outside of Maricopa County). You may also obtain an Application for IV-D Services from your  local child support office.

In addition to the Application for IV-D Services, DCSS needs the following information in order  to make progress on your case:

  •  Name and address of the parent obligated to pay
  •  Noncustodial parent’s Social Security number
  •  Birth certificates of the child(ren)
  •  Name and address of the current or most recent employer of the noncustodial parent
  •  Names of friends and relatives and names of organizations to which the noncustodial parent might belong
  •  Information pertaining to income and other assets, pay check stubs, tax returns, bank accounts, investments or property holdings of the noncustodial parent
  •  Any other information about the identity and whereabouts of the noncustodial parent
  •  One copy of the court order that pertains to child support or paternity of the child
  •  Copies of court orders concerning the parents and/or children; i.e.: marriage, divorce, adoption documents.
  •  One copy of all orders/modifications that pertain to child support
  •  One copy of all payment records pertaining to your case, if payment is ordered through a Clerk of Court
  •  If establishment of paternity is needed, a copy of the child’s birth certificate along with any written statements (letters or notes) in which the alleged father has said or implied that he is the father of the child(ren)
  •  If establishment of a court order is needed, an Affidavit of Financial Information will be needed

No matter where you start; establishing paternity, finding the noncustodial parent, establishing or enforcing a support order, the DCSS office must have all the pertinent facts in order to pursue your case successfully. The more information you provide to the DCSS office, the more success you will have in obtaining regular and full child support payments for your children.

Where to Apply?

View list of  child support offices and their phone numbers

  Get Adobe Reader  Download Adobe® Acrobat® Reader now
Adobe the Adobe logo and Adobe Acrobat Reader are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.

  up arrow  

Large textLarge Font Small textSmall Font   PrintPrint EmailEmail  Average3out of 5
LEP Flags