Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Card

The benefits are transferred into an account in your name. You will be issued a Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) QUEST card by JPMorganChase. The card is used like a debit card, to withdraw your cash benefits from an Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) displaying the QUEST symbol or used to purchase food with your Nutrition Assistance benefits. You may also use your QUEST card to purchase products from certain retail merchants.

Please note: Arizona state law prohibits the use of the Cash Assistance EBT card at all ATMs and point-of-sale terminals located in liquor stores, gambling casinos, race tracks, and adult entertainment establishments. Your Cash Assistance must be used only to provide for the basic needs of the children and adults for whom assistance is being provided.

You are responsible for your EBT Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) and the use of your benefits. KEEP THIS NUMBER PRIVATE! If your Cash Assistance or Nutrition Assistance account is accessed and used with your card or your EBT alternative holder card, the benefits will not be replaced. Benefits will not be considered for replacement until after they have been reported lost or stolen and will be limited to benefits remaining in your Electronic Benefit Transfer account as of the date of the report.

Report Lost/Stolen EBT Card

Contact the DES Office Locator or call JP Morgan Customer Service at 1-888-997-9333.

Check Your Balance

Call JP Morgan Customer Service at 1-888-997-9333 or

Login to your EBT AccountExternal Link Icon at JPMorganChase to:

  • review your transactions,
  • check your balances,
  • reset your PIN,
  • contact customer service and much more. 

For assistance with the JPMorganChase Web site call 1-866-352-5878.

Add an Authorized User

To add an authorized user to your EBT card complete and submit the Designation of EBT Alternate Card Holder Form (70 KB DOC).


Large textLarge Font Small textSmall Font   PrintPrint EmailEmail  Average3.5out of 5
LEP Flags