The following information is required to file a new application for regular UI benefits or to file an additional UI claim (an additional claim is filed when you have a benefit year that has not yet expired, you found a job that has now ended and have become unemployed again).
Please note that this same online system is used to reopen an existing claim. Meaning: you have a benefit year that has not yet expired, you stopped filing weekly claims for reasons other than returning to work and you now wish to begin filing for weekly benefits again.
- Your Social Security Number.
- AZ Driver's License or AZ State Issued ID (Note: you may still complete your application without these two items).
- Your mailing address, city, state and ZIP code.
- If you live in Arizona, know the county where you reside.
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of all your employers for the last 18 months.
- The last day you worked immediately prior to filing your UI claim.
- If you received severance, vacation, holiday or payment for unused sick pay: give the amount (before deductions) and the date it was paid to you.
- The name and local number of your union hall, if applicable.
- Alien Registration Number, if applicable.
- Copy # 4 of your DD Form 214 if released from the military in the last 18 months.
- SF 8 or SF 50 if employed in Federal Civilian service in the last 18 months.
- If you are collecting a pension (other than Social Security), you will need the start date of the pension and the monthly benefit amount.
The Initial Claims Online Application is available from 12:01 a.m. Sunday to 5 p.m. Friday each week.